Climate Entrepreneurship

Trinity College Dublin

 

Course Name Climate Entrepreneurship
Course Provider Trinity College Dublin
Course Code DPCIA-CENT-1P9H
Course Type Postgraduate
Qualifications
Award NameNFQ ClassificationAwarding BodyNFQ Level
Postgraduate Certificate University of Dublin None
Apply To Course provider
Attendance Options Part time, Online or Distance, Blended
Location (Districts) Dublin City Centre
Qualification Letters P.Grad.Cert
Enrolment and Start Dates Comment Course Begins: 24th September 2023
Course Ends: 23rd March 2024
Application Date Closing Date
Applications Close: 31st July 2023

Applications are made through the Springboard+ website.

Recruiting Now: Places are offered on a rolling basis, and the course may close in advance of the listed closing date.
Application Weblink Web Page - Click Here
Duration 18 weeks, Blended programme with 7 in-person, 13 hybrid (online or in-person) and 16 online sessions.

Format
Blended delivery of in-person and online classes
Course Fee €375 for eligible applicants in employment. Free to eligible unemployed applicants.
Link to Course Fee Web Page - Click Here
Financial Support Fees
Springboard+ covers 100% of course fees for eligible, unemployed applicants who are successful in their application. Springboard+ covers 90% of course fees for eligible, employed applicants who are successful in their application. The remaining 10% course fee is €375.
Entry Requirements

Expand+Admission Requirements
Funding eligibility is as outlined the Springboard+ website.

Applicants must be in possession of a level 8 honours degree (or equivalent) with grade 2.1 or higher, in any discipline from a recognised institution. Those with...

Comment Classes will take place in-person in Dublin at Tangent, Trinity's Ideas Workspace, and online.
Course Summary On this programme, you will learn the fundamentals of idea development, creative problem solving and innovation. You will be able to identify and respond to today’s climate action opportunities and value in a focused manner. You will be equipped with the entrepreneurial skills to introduce new and improved solutions to today's climate change impacts and the future environmental risks.
Course Content

Expand+You will learn to approach problem solving in an innovative way, by using tools and techniques to brainstorm new ideas and applying lateral thinking. By engaging with entrepreneurs, academics, business leaders and industry mentors in an informal lear...

Subjects Taught

Expand+Module 1: Systems Innovation for Positive Climate Action (10 ECTS)
This module explores principles and practices associated with systems thinking in the context of climate change and how processes of systems innovation and creativity can support pos...

Careers or Further Progression Career Opportunities
Graduates from this programme will be equipped with the entrepreneurial skills to plan and develop strategies, action plans and sustainable ventures that address urgent environmental challenges and drive economic development. Graduates have effected change in their own workplace, pursued careers in consultancy, and gone into further academic research.
Further Enquiries Course Coordinator
The programme is led and facilitated by Gillian Roddie and incorporates a host of other contributors both from academia and industry.

Prof Quentin Crowley
Dr Daniel Rogers
Ms Rosemary Deneher
Ms Gillian Roddie

Get in Touch
Telephone Number
(086) 0 320 487
Course Web Page Web Page - Click Here