Sustainable Agriculture and Land Use with Innovation - Kerry Campus

MTU - Kerry Campus


Course Name Sustainable Agriculture and Land Use with Innovation - Kerry Campus
Course Provider MTU - Kerry Campus
Alternative Provider(s) MTU - Munster Technological University
Course Code 111289 (Assigned by Qualifax. Not an official code)
Course Type Postgraduate
Award NameNFQ ClassificationAwarding BodyNFQ Level
Postgraduate Diploma (Level 9 NFQ)  More info... Major Munster Technological University Level 9 NFQ
Apply To Course provider
Attendance Options Part time, Evening, Blended
Location (Districts) Tralee
Qualification Letters PgDip
Application Date CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 19th November 2021 Apply online:
Duration DURATION: This programme will be delivered in a blended format part-time from January 2022 to December 2022.
Course Fee COST: Fees do not apply to applicants who meet the Springboard+ initiative funding criteria (see page 6). For employed applicants the HEA will pay 90% of the programme fee, the remaining 10% - €540 will be collected before registration. For applicants who do not meet the Springboard+ eligibility criteria fees are €5,400.
Financial Support

Expand+Financial Assistance
Students experiencing financial hardship can seek a bursary from the Student Assistance Fund or a short term loan from MTU’s Benevolent Fund. These funds are administered on a strictly confidential basis by the Student Service...

Entry Requirements Applicants must hold an honours NFQ level 8 qualification in Agriculture/Wildlife/Environmental Science or a related discipline. The University’s policy in relation to recognition of prior learning (RPL) also applies (see page 43)

Expand+NFQ: Level 9
AWARD TYPE: Major Award

Am I eligible for Springboard+ 2021?
Springboard+ courses are designed to help you gain the skills necessary to either obtain employment in industry areas where there is an increasing need or to ...

Course Content

Expand+The Postgraduate Diploma in Sustainable Agriculture and Land Use with Innovation aims to meet the growing demand for knowledge, leadership and understanding in the protection of land and natural resources. The programme will provide learners wit...

Subjects Taught MODULES
• Soil Management
• One Health
• Climate Change and Mitigation
• Knowledge Transfer and Innovation
• Biodiversity
• Air and Water Quality
Number of Credits 60
Careers or Further Progression PROGRESSION OPPORTUNITIES
On successful completion of the programme students will have gained 60 credits at NFQ level 9 which may contribute to the achievement of other academic awards e.g. pathway for MSc qualification.

This programme is offered subject to approval.
Lifelong Learning Office
T: 353 (0)66 7191701