Computing - Cloud Infrastructure - Kerry Campus

MTU - Kerry Campus


Course Name Computing - Cloud Infrastructure - Kerry Campus
Course Provider MTU - Kerry Campus
Alternative Provider(s) MTU - Munster Technological University
Course Code 111286 (Assigned by Qualifax. Not an official code)
Course Type Postgraduate
Award NameNFQ ClassificationAwarding BodyNFQ Level
Higher Diploma (Level 8 NFQ)  More info... Major Munster Technological University Level 8 NFQ
Apply To Course provider
Attendance Options Full time, Daytime
Location (Districts) Tralee
Qualification Letters HDip
Enrolment and Start Dates Comment This programme will be delivered online full-time from January 2022 to December 2022.
Application Date Closing Date: 26th November
Duration This programme will be delivered online full-time from January 2022 to December 2022.
Course Fee COST: Fees do not apply to applicants who meet the Springboard+ initiative funding criteria (see page 6). For employed applicants the HEA will pay 90% of the programme fee, the remaining 10% - €750 will be collected before registration. For applicants who do not meet the Springboard+ eligibility criteria fees are €7,500.
Financial Support

Expand+Financial Assistance
Students experiencing financial hardship can seek a bursary from the Student Assistance Fund or a short term loan from MTU’s Benevolent Fund. These funds are administered on a strictly confidential basis by the Student Service...

Entry Requirements Applicants must have completed a NFQ level 8 major award in a cognate discipline, applications will be screened prior to an offer of a place, candidates will ideally be able to demonstrate technical or mathematical problem-solving skills as part of previous programme learning. The University’s policy in relation recognition of prior learning (RPL) also applies (see page 43).
Comment NFQ: Level 8
AWARD TYPE: Major Award
Course Content

Expand+The Higher Diploma in Computing (Cloud Infrastructure) has been designed to provide graduates with in-demand skills in cloud infrastructure, services, support, security and networks. This graduate conversion course is open to level 8 graduates f...

Subjects Taught MODULES

Semester 1:
• Cloud Computing
• Computer Systems Administration
• Computer Networks
• Advanced Database
• Cloud Analytics and Visualisation
• Development Operations

Semester 2:
• Virtualisation
• Cloud Application Development
• Cybersecurity
• Cloud Services
• Project
Careers or Further Progression PROGRESSION OPPORTUNITIES
On successful completion of this programme, students could progress to a Postgraduate Diploma or Masters Degree programme.
Lifelong Learning Office
T: 353 (0)66 7191701
Course Web Page Web Page - Click Here