Pharmacy Management & Practice - Kerry Campus

MTU - Kerry Campus


Course Name Pharmacy Management & Practice - Kerry Campus
Course Provider MTU - Kerry Campus
Alternative Provider(s) MTU - Munster Technological University
Course Code 109241 (Assigned by Qualifax. Not an official code)
Course Type Lifelong Learning
Award NameNFQ ClassificationAwarding BodyNFQ Level
Degree - Ordinary Bachelor (Level 7 NFQ)  More info... Major Munster Technological University Level 7 NFQ
Apply To Course provider
Attendance Options Part time, Online or Distance, Daytime, Blended
Location (Districts) Tralee
Enrolment and Start Dates Comment Apply online:
Application Date Closing Date: 19th August 2022.
Application Weblink Web Page - Click Here
Duration This programme will be delivered in a blended format part-time from September 2022 to August 2023. Students will be required to attend a number of 2-day workshops on-campus throughout the duration of the programme.
Course Fee Fees do not apply to applicants who meet the Springboard+ initiative funding criteria (see eligibility).

For employed applicants the HEA will pay 90% of the programme fee, the remaining 10% - €582 will be payable before registration.

For applicants who do not meet the Springboard+ eligibility criteria the fee is €5,820.
Entry Requirements Applicants must hold an NFQ level 6 qualification in Pharmacy Technician Studies. Applicants who currently hold a pharmacy technician qualification obtained through the Irish Pharmacy Union (IPU) and 3 years work experience as a pharmacy technician may apply for entry through recognition of prior learning (RPL).
Comment Award Type: Major Award.
Course Content

Expand+The Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy Management and Practice is specifically designed to provide qualified pharmacy technicians with the additional skills, knowledge and competency required to progress to a management or senior role in a community...

Subjects Taught Modules
• Leadership & Management Development
• Pharmacy Procurement & Purchasing
• Clinical Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Care
• Financial Management & Business Strategy
• Dispensary Management
• Retail Human Resource Management
• Advanced Pharmacy & Accuracy Skills
• Pharmacy Work-Based Learning
• Pharmacy Work-Based Learning Review
Number of Credits 60
Careers or Further Progression Progression Opportunities
On successful completion of the programme, students may progress to a Level 8 qualification in a relevant area.
Further Enquiries Lifelong Learning Office
T: 353 (0)66 719 1701
Location Online and MTU Kerry South Campus
Course Web Page Web Page - Click Here