Mechatronics - Kerry Campus

MTU - Kerry Campus

 

Course Name Mechatronics - Kerry Campus
Course Provider MTU - Kerry Campus
Alternative Provider(s) MTU - Munster Technological University
Course Code 100161 (Assigned by Qualifax. Not an official code)
Course Type Lifelong Learning
Qualifications
Award NameNFQ ClassificationAwarding BodyNFQ Level
Minor Certificate (Level 7 NFQ)  More info... Minor Munster Technological University Level 7 NFQ
Apply To Course provider
Attendance Options Part time, Online or Distance, Daytime, Blended
Location (Districts) Tralee
Enrolment and Start Dates Comment

Expand+To avoid disappointment, we recommend that you apply early as the number of places on offer are limited. Priority will be given to early applicants.

Application/Registration for Springboard+ Funded Programmes:

Application/Registration
Applicat...

Application Date Closing Date for Applications: 19th August 2022.
Application Weblink Web Page - Click Here
Duration This programme will be delivered in a blended format part-time from September 2022 to May 2023. The majority of content will be delivered online, however, students will be required to attend workshops (approximately six) on-campus over the duration of the programme.
Course Fee Fees do not apply to applicants who meet the Springboard+ initiative funding (see https://springboardcourses.ie/eligibility).

For employed applicants the HEA will pay 90% of the programme fee, the remaining 10% - €331 will be payable before registration.

For applicants who do not meet the Springboard+ eligibility criteria the fee is €3,310.
Entry Requirements Applicants must hold a minimum NFQ Level 6 Higher Certificate in an engineering qualification, or equivalent. The University’s policy in relation to recognition of prior learning (RPL) also applies.
Comment Award Type: Minor Award.
Course Content

Expand+Mechatronics is a combination of mechanical, electronic and software engineering. The purpose of this field is the study of industrial instrumentation and automation from an engineering and technology perspective with the aim of developing a strong k...

Subjects Taught Modules
• Analogue Electronics
• Digital Electronics
• Electrical Power Systems
• Embedded Systems (Engineering)
• Instrumentation; Monitoring and Control
• Operations Management
Number of Credits 30
Careers or Further Progression Progression Opportunities
Graduates who have successfully completed this programme may progress onto the following full-time NFQ level 7 award, gaining relevant subject exemptions:
• Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering.
Further Enquiries Lifelong Learning Office
E: parttimekerry@mtu.ie
T: 353 (0)66 7191701
Location Online and MTU Kerry South Campus
Course Web Page Web Page - Click Here